Topband: Yikes! Heavy snow, freezing fog and 23 degrees F in Raleigh, NC

Eddy Swynar deswynar at xplornet.ca
Wed Feb 12 16:14:09 EST 2014

On 2014-02-12, at 3:58 PM, Doug Renwick wrote:

> It's really a shame what that freezing rain will do to an antenna farm.  I
> wish that global warming was a reality in situations like this.  I
> fortunately rarely get ice storms of this nature and I thank God for that.
> To see all your hard work taken down by nature is heart breaking.
> Doug

Hi Guys,

"Welcome to MY world..."

The freezing rain storm that we had earlier this winter completely devastated my wire antenna farm, by virtue of the heavy ice literally BREAKING supporting trees...

I lost my north & east "L" elements in my topband array, my 160-meter half wave dipole, and my complete K89AY receiving antenna system.

Just no spirit to get on 1.8-MHz right now---no way, no how...

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ