Topband: Palomar R-X Noise Bridge

mapa50 at windstream.net mapa50 at windstream.net
Fri Feb 14 00:18:07 EST 2014

I have a question about using the noise bridge. I have used it cut stubs to 1/4 wavelength using 52 ohm cable with no problems. I now need some stubs using 75 ohm cable which I have on hand.

   Will the same procedure work for 75 ohm that works for 52 ohm cable, or will the different impedance need to be accounted for. I started to cut cable and this question came to me. My first thought is that it will work fine, but I am not sure. I did some searches on the web but found nothing about it. Any help would be appreciated.

                                                    Thanks, Pat Armstrong  KF5YZ