Topband: Contest in progress - few signals

Tom W8JI w8ji at w8ji.com
Mon Feb 17 10:19:56 EST 2014

> If I am operating ARRL DX contest at home I just work the handful of
> no-mult-no-point domestic guys to get them out of the way. Out of 2000+
> QSO's, only two such cases this year, better than some previous years!
>
> A multi-multi would worry about setting a bad precedent though.

I can't understand ignoring callers in an ARRL DX contest on 160, unless the
operator is working a run for DX. Generally stations are sitting there
endlessly CQing over and over again with only sporadic contacts.

Seems to me it would just be a whole lot better, as long as there aren't DX
callers, to just tell the person they don't count.

Also, if a person is trying to be helpful, even if they are mistaken and
being a pest, I see little reason to be rude or nasty. We can't all be
perfect, and most of us make mistakes at one time or another. This is not a
busy contest (on 160) to an extent that occasional mistakes by people trying
to be helpful becomes an issue with score.

73 Tom