Topband: Deployable radials for 80/160M

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Fri Jun 27 09:57:45 EDT 2014

Around here that wire gets pretty well corroded after a few years just in
the air from acid rain and salt laden fog off the ocean 20-30 miles away.

I wonder what that does to the conductivity?  OTOH my yagi elements from a
different alloy are still rather shiny after 30-40 years.

THHN for wire antennas seems to hold up the PVC layer 10-15 years then
becomes fodder for elevated radials.

Carl
KM1H

Subject: Re: Topband: Deployable radials for 80/160M