Topband: Polyphaser

Art Snapper art at nk8x.net
Sun Mar 1 17:37:21 EST 2015

Polyphaser made a tester.
http://wrblock.com/WRBproducts/DIGIfist/DigiFIST.html

Possibly a land mobile shop in your area has one. Essentially they
generated low current, high voltage until the tube fired.

Perhaps it is different with HF, but in my land mobile experience, if the
supressor was damaged, either it was shorted, or obvious damage was
 present when disassembled.

Their antenna protectors have significant attenuation when used outside the
rated frequency range.

Art