Topband: Use of Remote Receivers During 160 Meter Contests

Lew Sayre w7ew at arrl.net
Sun Mar 15 15:45:44 EDT 2015

     We would like to make very clear that The Stew Perry Top Band DX
Challenge allows remote receiving sites up to 100 km away from the
contester's station which is about 1 grid square away. This rule is to
accommodate contesters  who can't put up their Rx system at their station
site due to noise, proximity of other people or objects or some other
reason. Read rule 6 of the Stew Perry Top Band DX Challenge rules.
     Contesters who use receiving sites further than 100 km away from their
station are considered by us to be either:  a- cheaters who will be found
out and made fun of with peer pressure, crude jokes and more or b- 160M
users who are trying out these remote receiving sites and send in their
effort as a check-log which is funky but OK.
     The Rules committee for The Boring Amateur Radio Club just wants to
emphasize that The Stew Perry rules do not allow remote receiving sites
further than 100 km away from the station, not some unlimited distance away.
    73 and I remain,
   Lew      w7ew