Topband: What IS troubling about this report

Jim wa3mej at comcast.net
Sun Mar 15 20:01:51 EDT 2015

All that is said in this text is correct but it doesn't go far enough. And I know it may come as a surprise to some of you but DXing is NOT the only thing in Ham Radio! The operators can control much more of the garbage than they choose to do. For example: one of the expeditions
had people calling from EU when he was calling NA and they kept doing it.. he warned them twice and told them if they continued he would QRT... they did and he did. Now I know he just moved to another band but it makes an important statement to those who misbehave.
I am a DXer but I do operate other modes/events etc. as well, in particular I belong to Straight Key Century Club (SKCC). K1N was operating on 14.023 I think it was but the band of lids calling them went up clear to 14.085... clear past the area SKCC operates, Past all of the digital and they were calling K1N on top of the SKCC guys, JT65 AND RTTY operators.
Gentlemen this is unacceptable... causing intentional interference.
Well you might say the DXpedition operators cant control where others call from... and that is BULL. If they posted their frequencies on the WEB saying we listen 1-15 up and then stick to it those wishing to work them would catch on fast enough.
Finally when a particular station does not behave ignore him and publish his call on the web as a LID. Now all of us make mistakes but some of this crap is beyond reason and needs to go away
Sorry if this offends someone one but we need to have just a bit more common sense on the bands.

Jim

Long Live Seal Team VI

http://www.qsl.net/wa3mej/index.htm