Topband: Use of Remote Receivers During 160 Meter Contests

W0MU Mike Fatchett w0mu at w0mu.com
Tue Mar 17 17:02:59 EDT 2015

What is competitive about DXCC?  How can we have a competition when
there is no start and finish?

Are people passionate about DXCC and working new ones?  Absolutely! I am
a member of the Mile Hi DX Association.  We all do our own thing and try
to help others and get the DX in everyone's log.  If I was competing
against them why would I want to help them?  Maybe those of us in the
rarefied marijuana rocky mountain high  do thing differently.

There is nothing stopping people from doing it the old school way, which
has changed over time or whatever way they want within the rules.
Nothing needs to change.  Your DXCC does not say all contact made at
XXXX location does it?

You do it your way within the rules and I will do it my way.  Your way
is not any better or worse than my way or any other way as long as it is
within the rules.

Mike W0MU