Topband: Strange propagation

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Jan 14 13:49:11 EST 2016

On Thu,1/14/2016 10:33 AM, Herbert Schoenbohm wrote:
> I have full remote station here but it only functions for contest
> operated by a cliff dweller in NYC who cares not for DXCC credit. The
> problem with the US RHR deals is that it completely skews the process
> as far as the propagation differences across the fruited plan.  I
> would love to add to my DXCC totals as I close into the 300 mark.  USA
> stations can do this but is it ethical.  It sure makes money for a pay
> to play amateur radio scheme.

I strongly agree -- while it is permitted by DXCC rules, it is NOT
ETHICAL to use a remote station, or a different QTH of your own,
thousands of miles closer to a DX entity to add to your country totals.

I see no ethical problem with a guy anywhere using a SINGLE remote
station, or remote stations in a geographic region, to contribute to
award totals.

And in reality, it IS pay to play -- nice stations cost money! There's
the gear, the antennas, and the real estate.

73, Jim K9YC