Topband: low band propagation at solar min

Bob Garrett rgarrett5 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 6 05:58:42 EDT 2016

Hello John et al,

The 1987 cycle was truly amazing with similar conditions here in PA.  JA
opening most mornings and EU nights like the 20 meter band.  Unlike W1FV, I
only heard 9M2AX a few times and worked him once on January 1, 1989.  That
night, he was louder than the EU stations he was working.  Great fun for
sure.

Like Dave said, the 2008 and 2009 years were very good too.

I believe we still have so much to learn on this subject.  That is why
nothing beats listening no matter what the numbers say.  73 and gud DX.  Bob
K3UL