Topband: 3C0L

Tim Shoppa tshoppa at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 09:48:01 EDT 2017

3C0L had superb signals on 160M last night and a ginormous pileup.

Their signal started out an hour before my sundown, on my NE-facing K9AY
loop, but began showing QSB there an hour after my sundown. I then checked
and was surprised their signal was so much better on my transmit antenna.
This is something I've noticed several times on African DXpeditions.

I wonder if "Looking to the NE" makes sense before sundown because this my
shortest path to the most darkness, but the further after sundown a more
direct E or even southerly path makes more sense.

Tim N3QE