Topband: Change of antenna

John Randall m0els at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 10 16:02:05 EST 2018

I got a bee in my 'er ear and decided to change the endfed wire to something that resembles an acute triangle ( small garden  syndrome ) , so its up 7m, across the bottom of the garden 8m then back to the base of the vertical pole but end of wire connects to a 43uH coil and other side to ground. It seems to "hear" better than the endfed wire I had up, but not sure how it will handle 400w at the coil and then ground. I see a lot more ssb stations on the waterfall which are weak at the moment bar some DL stations. Has anyone tried this antenna configuration for topband ?
73John - m0els