Topband: VU2GSM webSDR use

Steve Babcock ve6wz at shaw.ca
Sun Jan 14 13:01:18 EST 2018

Hi Paul…

Read the e-mail correspondence from Kanti that I attached to the topband thread.
There is no scepticism or uncertainty about weather he is using webSDR. He openly admits it. He admits to using it during my 80m QSO. Don VE6JY can see who the users are on his webSDR and Kanti is very frequently logged in. I appreciate Kanti's honesty. He does not log into the webSDRs “incognito” to hide the fact.

Perhaps your QSOs have been direct. Of coarse that is possible. I have worked him 8 times on 40m over the years, and many of those “early” qso’s were direct with no SDR. However lately it has become very obvious that he is SDR assisted when he comes back to callers almost instantly with no difficulty on copy. I have been to Bangalore. Kanti lives in the heart of the city. You can be sure RX is pretty tough on the low-bands.

steve