Topband: Kostas' point

Jeff Blaine KeepWalking188 at ac0c.com
Thu Jan 18 10:00:53 EST 2018

Another fellow pressed me on this.   What I should have said - that
perhaps is more clear - goes like this.

1. Worry about your own operation --> because you can control it.

2. No point to worry about the other guy --> because you almost
certainly have no control over it.

3. Point #2 does not in any way detract from what your personal views
are.  Point #2 is NOT saying anything about the "rightness" of any ham
operation practice.

If the guy asked me "can i use my web sdr to hear you better?" - Sure,
I'm going to say "let's do it the old school way."  But they don't
ask...  And I would be willing to bet they don't advertise either.  I'm
just going to log the QSO and move on to the next contact.  Point #2 is
is simply a reflection of my personal belief that time wasted worrying
about things for which I have no ability to significantly influence is
wasted time - and the clock is ticking for all of us.

73/jeff/ac0c
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie
www.ac0c.com