Topband: Common Mode

Rodman, David rodman at buffalo.edu
Tue Oct 23 06:41:11 EDT 2018

I purchased some 7mm dia snap on cores for RG6 receive antenna coax.  I was wondering if anyone had any experience or suggestion as to how many one would place on each lead.  The feed lines are about 50% on the ground with grass growing over or buried 2-3".  The lengths vary from 300' to 750', depending on the antenna I am using for listening.  I was planning to place them inside the station.  I have nothing now and thought this would be acceptable versus removing connectors and placing beads?  Thank you.

---
David J Rodman MD
Assistant Clinical Professor
Department of Ophthalmology