Topband: 160

Cecil chacuff at cableone.net
Fri Aug 2 18:05:23 EDT 2019

Sent from my iPad

> On Aug 2, 2019, at 4:45 PM, Cecil <chacuff at cableone.net> wrote:
>
> This is nonsense....

> That is only possible if someone has modified the software and is cheating the system...which I might add could be done with computers and creative software writing to any of the digital modes including CW....

That is cheating and not grounds for disallowance from total DXCC participation for all users.

Certainly I can do that for one QSO if I need to run to the bathroom or grab a quick cup of coffee etc....but if you believe for a second that the FT8 software is designed to crank it up, walk away for a couple hours and come back later to tally up your take as you describe you are showing your lack of knowledge of WSJT’s design.

Am I suggesting that some are not doing that...no...not for a minute.  Would I suggest that all DXers are running no more than the legal limit when chasing a new one or no more than 200 watts on 30 meters, or not using a remote station element to gain an unfair advantage to add a new one...nope.

But it is happening...

Should we shut down the entire awards system because the possibility exists that someone will cheat...I think not.

I for one think you should rethink your article before submission Alan...

Respectfully

Cecil
K5DL