Topband: COSMIC RAY UPDATE

Mark Lunday wd4elg at outlook.com
Sun Dec 15 11:26:55 EST 2019

I agree with you, Mike.   It would be interesting to survey the average age of our top-band subscribers (Tree, was this done already and I missed it?)

I started on top band in 2007, and really started chasing DX in 2009-2010 season (it was a good one!)

But that was 10 years ago.  Between increasing demands at work, I hit the double-nickel this year, some health issues, problems with sleeping, and now we have acquired several four-legged children that we did not have before (rescued golden retrievers, rescued cats, rescued horse).

Add in my time on the bicycle (not as much as I would like), and that doesn't leave a lot of time for ham radio.

One good thing about this is that my TV time has gone to almost zero...and my winter SAD issues have decreased because I am always getting outside; the horse gets daily visits and the golden retrievers will NOT take "NO" for an answer....they DEMAND a walk, sometimes two!

I can remember in 2009, going on 3 hours of sleep many times during the week...and somehow being productive at work.  But that was a lifetime ago, work is a lot more demanding these days.

Reminds me of a quote from a friend of mine:

"When we were young, we tried to sneak out of the house to go to a party.  These days, we try to sneak out of a party to go to the house!"

Mark Lunday, WD4ELG
Greensboro, NC  FM06be
wd4elg at arrl.net
http://wd4elg.blogspot.com
SKCC #16439  FISTS #17972  QRP ARCI #16497