Topband: Problems with inv L on pier over salt water

Ignacy Misztal no9e at arrl.net
Wed Jan 8 15:41:46 EST 2020

There was a report from an expedition where the radials in water did not
work well but over water did. Over salt water, one radial (counterpoise) is
enough and more do not add performance.
I used Expert 1.3k with a tuner. The amp turned itself off hundreds of
times over the past few years due to wrong antenna or something going
wrong, with no consequence. The way it should be.

Ignacy, NO9E