Topband: 8Q7WM Z-22 in VE6

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Mar 1 15:27:48 EST 2022

On 3/1/2022 10:39 AM, Renee K6FSB wrote:
> just as I was starting to get it together, I had my 160 antennas come
> down a few years ago due to trees dying, then after beginning to put
> things back then snow takes things down...(ok falling branches brought
> things down, did not even get a chance to use them)

Yes, that is an ongoing problem with receive antennas and elevated
radials. I moved here from Chicago when I was a year or two younger than
you.

...now this pot grow
> light stuff is wreaking havoc here in rural CA.

Something here does not compute. qrz.com shows your QTH next to a
freeway in the SF Bay Area.

I live in the mountains about 80 miles south of you, where the
overwhelming RFI sources are switch-mode power supplies that come with
everything that plugs into the wall, variable-speed motor controllers,
and solar systems. And, of course, arcing from defective components on
power lines.

..I almost ready to go to
> war....i know I will loose....so you are not the only one having ( in my
> opinion- illicit) drug growing RFI related issues .

Pot is legal in California, and is mostly grown outdoors.

73, Jim K9YC