[TowerTalk] Tower owner newbie

Paul Lusardi plusardi@mbta.com
Tue, 01 Dec 1998 16:07:40 -0500

Hello, I recently bought a steel, crankup, tilt-over tower.  it expans
to a height of 55' and collapses to 20'.  from what I can tell, it is
about 13 years old and is raised and lowered by a cable.  the base
expects a pinned plate (which is missing).

Since I have never owned one before I am relying on some real "Elmering"
here.

from what I read, I need to determine the wind factor for my county and
then check my antenna (probably a cushcraft A3S tri-band)

If I mount my antenna against the house (18' peak), I can secure the
bottom tower section to the house at the 17' mark.  I suppose I need to
pour some sort of concrete footing for the base (how deep?)

does anyone have any good way of safely raising and lowering a tilt-over
tower once erected?   should I make so that it tilts away from the house
or drop it along the roof line?

I do not have any way of identifying the maker of the antenna (nor the
rotor) any clues?

Thanks in advance,

Paul N0VLR