[TowerTalk] Securing cables to rotors

Jennifer Gruber/Eric Rosenberg wd3q@erols.com
Sun, 26 Jul 1998 22:24:46 -0400

I'm about to put up my little tribander, and will be using a
refurbished TR-44 rotor.

My question is quite elementary:

Do I attach the individual leads of the rotor cable directly to
the terminal strip or do I use crimp-on lugs (I'm not
particularly interested in digging into the bell to put on one
of those Rotor Doctor 8-pin plugs)?  I'm worried about
waterproofing, or at least keeping the terminal strip relatively
dry and not having the cable come loose or undone

I've been using Japanese rotors in the past, where there are wx
protected terminal strips or pigtails coming out of the units,
so this style of rotor is new to me.

Thanks,

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC