[TowerTalk] US Tower Shipping Times

N3SL@aol.com N3SL@aol.com
Tue, 6 Oct 1998 21:01:53 EDT

Ditto here for very recent experience (tower received in early Sept).
USTower's estimate was within a week of the actual ship date.  HOWEVER, the
trucking company called my home at 8:30 on a Friday morning and said if the
tower wasn't off their truck that afternoon, the truck rental was $100/day to
include Sat and Sun!  Needless to say, I wasn't ready.  For whatever it was
worth (my blood pressure, at a minimum), I called USTower and expressed my
"extreme" displeasure....  Naturally, their answer was to the effect they
didn't control the trucking companies.  In their defense (not that they
need/deserve it), the bill of lading clearly said "Call customer 48 hours
prior to delivery."