[TowerTalk] 40 and 15 beams on same mast?

k6ll@juno.com k6ll@juno.com
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 21:01:33 -0700

On Thu, 18 Mar 1999 07:25:37 -0800 (PST) Michael McCarthy
<w1nr@yahoo.com> writes:

>Does anyone have any REAL data or experience with mounting a 15M beam
>10' above a 40M beam?  The concensus is that 15 and 40 interact too
>much.  But all I have heard is opinion and conjecture.  I know
>several
>who have put 40M beams above tribanders and the interaction does not
>seem to be much of a problem.
>
>I am considering a F12 EF-420/240 20M/40M interlaced beam and would
>like to add a 4L 15 about 10' above it on the same mast.
>
>Please, I have heard enough opinion and guesswork.  I would like to
>hear from anyone with hard data or experience based on actual
>installations or accurate modeling.

If you want some hard facts, look at my contest scores for the last
12 years. KT-34XA at 49', 40-2CD six feet above that, booms
aligned. If you want to hear my 15 meter signal, drop me an email.
We can go on 15 meter SSB, where the XA, according to some experiments,
has a negative front-to-back ratio. It will blow your ears off, when
pointed at you. The f/b is about 12dB. I don't have any experience with
the Force 12 stuff.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ
K6LL@juno.com

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]