[TowerTalk] Plumbing a tower using a plumb bob

Tom H biskit@snip.net
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 21:50:46 -0400

Hey 'tawkers,

I'm trying to figure a way to find the center of a triangular tower so I can
drop a plumb line from near the top, down to the bottom.  This seems to me
like a good way to find true vertical other than using a transit.  What I'd
like to do is to criss-cross a string from one tube to the other to form a
center cross hair of sorts, one at the top, and one at the bottom, and hang
a plumb bob from the top cross hair.  But without an opposing tube, this is
pretty hard to do.  There's gotta be a better way to do this than how I'm
figuring.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Tom K3GM
FM29