[TowerTalk] Radial systems

Michael Tope Michael Tope <w4ef@pacbell.net>
Sun, 02 Apr 2000 01:30:04 -0800

Scott,

I have been thinking about your problem a little,
but still not sure that I have a definitive answer.
In either case, you are going to have RF current
induced in the adjacent antenna (both in the
radiating element, and in the ground system), but
its not clear to me which case will produce
the greatest coupling. Its also possible that the
coupling between the transmit antenna, and the
adjacent antenna's radiating element will more
than swamp out any coupling between the TX
antenna and the adjacent radial system - but
I can't say for sure without doing some analysis.

If I were you, I would go ahead and hook the
system's together, and then work out any cross-talk
problems as they come-up with a combination
of common mode-chokes (ferrite beads), and
1/4 wave stubs. In the worst case, you can always
cut the umbilical chord between the two systems
with a good pair of wire cutters.

Good luck+ACE-

73 de Mike, W4EF.........