[TowerTalk] Tailtwister Problem

Fred Hopengarten k1vr@juno.com
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 11:21:44 -0400

On Wed, 12 Apr 2000 10:58:21 EDT TNeill1648@aol.com writes:

> My Tailtwister rotator works very well except for a few degrees on
> the compass rose in which it always stops and refuses to turn.  On
> any heading between 60 degrees thru 100 degrees the rotator will not
> turn.  No amount of rocking will get it out  of that mode.  When the
> wind blows sufficiently to assist in moving it out of the 60 to 100
> degree range, it turns just fine.
>
> It appears I am going to have to remove the rotor.  Anyone with a
> similar experience as to what may be causing the trouble?  Thank
> you. Tom K4XG

K1VR:  This is a familiar story here in New England.  Trees just want to
grow.  Go outdoors and have someone else rotate the antenna.  See if it
is catching on a branch that wasn't there a few years ago.

Fred Hopengarten K1VR
hopengarten@post.harvard.edu
Six Willarch Road * Lincoln, MA 01773-5105
781/259-0088 *eFax 419/858-2421

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.