[TowerTalk] Push-up/Guyed Masts

Tom K Osborne w7why@juno.com
Sun, 23 Apr 2000 20:17:51 -0700

On Sun, 23 Apr 2000 11:13:29 -0700 Dana Roode <K6NR@ARRL.net> writes:

>   Does anyone have any recommendations on a source for a 30 or
> so foot push-up mast that could support a small tribander (A-3) or some
> vhf beams?  All I tend to see around is standard TV masts, which I
> don't think will cut it.
>
>   Dana, K6NR

HI Dana

I used a Radio Shack push-up mast for a long time before I got the tower
I have now.  Had a 2 el quad,  A-3, 3 el 20 meter mono-bander and now a 2
el 10 meter mono-bander on it.  Never had any problems.  It was right
next to the house so I could let it down when some of the Coos Bay winds
started blowing.  I bought it at a garage sale about 15 years or so ago
and still using it.  73
Tom W7WHY
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.