[TowerTalk] Rohn Info

Michael Tope Michael Tope <w4ef@pacbell.net>
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 18:58:10 -0700

Hi Stan,

I just noticed the Rohn drawings for TVRO
applications with EPA of 49 sqft last night
while purusing my new Rohn consumer catalog.
This is interesting in light of discussion
I have had recently on the reflector regarding
the strength of the BAS25G accessory shelf
top section. If you look at these drawings,
you will notice that in the TVRO application,
the antenna is mounted on a top plate which
goes directly on top of a 25G section. Thus
it has Z bracing all the way to the top,
unlike the BAS25G which leaves out Z bracing
on the top 2' of the tower. Notice also, that
this installation is guyed at the top plate
with a torque arm assembly.

Mr. Tower2sell is making a believer out of me.

Michael C. Tope, W4EF

email: W4EF@pacbell.net
  web: www.dellroy.com