[TowerTalk] Interaction between quad and tower

Bill Turner w7ti@jps.net
Sun, 13 Aug 2000 17:00:59 -0700

I'm installing a triband quad on my tower, and I'm wondering how far
above the tower the quad should be to have little or no interaction
with the tower.  I modeled it with EZNEC, using a 18 inch diameter,
80-foot long "wire" projecting from ground halfway up inside the quad,
as if the center of the quad was even with the top of the tower.
EZNEC showed essentially no interaction at all.

Being naturally a suspicious type, this seems too good to be true.  It
means I don't have to put the quad up on a long mast.

Any comments?

73, Bill W7TI