[TowerTalk] Create Rotator Support

Stan or Patricia Griffiths w7ni@teleport.com
Sun, 13 Aug 2000 18:30:46 -0700

David Gilbert wrote:

> I'm totally baffled why you would expect any specific "concession" or
> allowance in such a situation.
>
> Dave   AB7E
>
> At 12:04 PM 8/13/00 EDT, WA2QNW@aol.com wrote:
> >

> >I contacted the manufacturer in Japan who after 4 email exchanges agreed to
> >SELL me a new rotor,  NOT REPAIR AND RETURN MINE,  for $1000+ CASH ONLY by
> >bank transfer.  They would repair mine, charge me for the repair and the
> >freight.  NO CONCESSIONS.

Wait a minute . . . ! !  First you say Create would "NOT REPAIR AND RETURN" your
rotator.  And then you say they WOULD repair and return it and charge you for it .
. . ! !  Which is it?  Will they or won't they repair your rotator for a price . .
. ?

I have to agree that they don't owe you a rotator or any free repairs, but unless
I misunderstand you, I suspect there is a typo in what you wrote the first time
and you meant to say that Create won't fix it and won't help you get it fixed but
will only sell you a new one.  You really ought to clear up that confusion . . .

I have spent a few years in business myself and I think a business that enters
into sales agreements with customers has some obligation to make sure those
customers "get their money's worth".  I am also sure that we will not all agree on
what "your money's worth" actually is but I would certainly expect some amount of
support for a product I spent several hundred dollars on.  I would NOT expect to
buy a product from in importer for hundreds of dollars and if it breaks in the
first year, have to trash it.  How come Create does not have another distributor
to support their exported rotators?  They SHOULD have, in my opinion, or they are
doing something that borders on unethical . . . but then that is only MY opinion .
. .

I see nothing wrong with sharing experiences of this kind with each other.  In
fact, it is one of the best ways we can HELP each other.  Yes, there will always
be the guy that goes off the deep end and is totally unreasonable about his
expectations from a supplier, but I do not detect that in WA2QNW, assuming I am
correct in guessing he is unable to get Create to help at all, other than selling
him a new rotator.

Stan
w7ni@teleport.com