[TowerTalk] 4-Square Configurations

Tom Rauch W8JI@contesting.com
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 10:41:14 -0400

> Seems like that could be accomplished with a low
> dipole and a power splitter. This arrangement
> could be used only for xmit in order to preserve
> the high angle rejection of the 4-sqr on rx.
>
> Mike, W4EF....

That's what I would do Mike! I'd just install a low dipole, and an
adjustable  power tap.

On 20 meters and higher, I used to transmit on a trap vertical above
my yagis. I received on the yagi's. I would sometimes divide the
power, so I only had enough power in the trap vertical to keep the
stateside stuff away.

Using an elevated radial to radiate a high angle signal has too
many problems associated with it.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com