Re[2]: [TowerTalk] KT-34XA

R. Otto R. Otto" <N8NGA@one.net
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 08:42:39 -0400

Hello n4kg,

You bring up an interesting point I've often wondered about.  I do not
"compete" in contests, though I do often work them in order to get new
countries for DXCC.  I've always felt that for DX, you were better off
to have great F/B and put up a vertical antenna or wire antenna for
listening, and/or watch the cluster for input.  How do the rest of the
DX'rs feel??  Since the C31XR doesn't do WARC bands, I've been
considering stacking a small beam antenna above the C31XR for WARC,
and depending on which one I get, for "listening" but mounting it
facing the oposite way from the C31XR.  Is that a dumb idea?? (ducking
after opening myself with that comment <G>)

73's from.......

R. Otto
N8NGA@one.net
Cincinnati, Ohio

DXCC 10M         ** DX is !! **        WAS 10M
       There is a very fine line between
         "HOBBY" and "MENTAL ILLNESS"
When trouble arises and things look really bad,
there is always one individual who perceives a
solution and is willing to take command.
      VERY OFTEN THAT PERSON IS CRAZY!