[TowerTalk] Log Periodics & 2 Element Beams

Chuck O'Neal coneal@ma.ultranet.com
Sat, 9 Dec 2000 12:40:46 -0500

"cost.  Stack spacing is a bit closer also than the big ones.  I know of no
one stacking 2 element beams.  K7GCO "

In 1992 I put up a 2 over 2 stack of the Cushcraft shorty
40's.  One at 130 ft and the other at 65 ft.  They exceeded
my expectations on performance and usually beat full
sized 3E yagis in the pile ups. One interesting note.  The F/B
ratio of one antenna is 10 - 15 db and in the stacked configuration
the F/B of the stack is 25 dB+  !!!!  It also modeled out this way
as well.  I have a BIP-BOP-TOP-BOT switch and both in phase
is always better, except both out of phase is needed for local
(within 300mi.) contacts.  Within a a radius of 200 mi or so, the BOP
is 20+ dB better.  The bottom 2Eis fully rotatable with a ring rotor.
73,
Chuck...K1KW