[TowerTalk] Crappy Welds?

Kurt Andress K7NV@contesting.com
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 13:06:54 -0800

Steve wrote:

> Hi Kurt, just to put your comments in the right context I would like to know what
> experience you have in the common welding processes tig, mig, stick or gas and what
> type of destructive testing have you done on your welds? I would like to know what you
> find as the most suitable welding technique for welding dissimilar tube wall thickness
> and welding solid bar steel structure?

Hi Steve,

I once collected paychecks for making things that required
the use of those welding methods.

I never tried to break something I made, but some of those
that used them were pretty good at running them into large
immovable objects at high rates of speed.

I can't answer the last two, not enough information to have
an opinion.
What is the material being joined? What do the connection
configurations look like? What are these things going to be
asked to do after we connect them? How many connections need
to be made? Are there any aesthetic concerns for the
finished part?

--
73, Kurt, K7NV