[TowerTalk] Quad spreaders

Tom Osborne w7why@harborside.com
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 04:27:48 -0800

Hi All

A few (more than I like to think) years ago, I bought a Gotham 2
element tri-band quad.  It only cost $27.50 for the whole
shebang.  After putting it up I had a ball with it for quite a
few years until a windstorm finally retired it into a big tree
next to the house.
Now, after using it successfully for a long time, probably
working 150-175 countries with it, I see that aluminum won't work
for quad spreaders.  Has anyone modeled a 2 el quad with aluminum
spreaders and how much does it affect pattern/FB/etc.  It sure
seems like it is a lot easier to build one that way instead of
going to the fiberglass type spreaders.
Thanks and hope Santa is good to everyone!!!  Happy Holidays.
Tom W7WHY