[TowerTalk] Replies: Radiation Resistance

EUGENE SMAR SPELUNK.SUENO@prodigy.net
Sat, 5 Feb 2000 11:48:07 -0500

TT:

     Thanks for the replies.  I'm sitting here slapping my forehead saying
"Of course!"  After I sent my e-mail, I actually took out a pencil and paper
and did the (simple) math to prove that, since the same current flows
through all three series resistances (radiation, ground loss and Ohmic
losses), the current magnitude is irrelevant.  The power dissipated in the
radiation resistance, therefore, is proportional to radiation resistance,
which is, in fact, proportional to "efficiency" as defined in all the
antenna books.

     Lesson learned:  pencils are cheap.  Thanks for your replies and I am
truly humbled.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F