[TowerTalk] C31XR? ANT file - Problems2

V.Kecman kk@cg.yu
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 10:36:48 +0100

Yes, I understand I made a mistake. Still, I hope that this posting may
become a benefit to C31XR manufacturers, not a loss. I remember why I
purchased AO6.5 - because I have tested YO1.0 released on some packetcluster
by SP or F ham. K6STI was shocked to hear his software was publicly
released, and after selling me his 6.5 versions, told me that I could use AO
& YO on any of my computers, but NOT to release it on packet!

There are numbers of files included, once you get AO: All Cushcraft yagis,
all HYGain yagis, all KLM yagis. I relly never suspected if a copyright
issue was regulated. I repeat, I should never post any dimensions if I
hadn't seen it done before, like those files in AO, and other files on the
Web. And all this was performed by US citizen, who are under US Copyright
laws. For YU, intelectual property is one thing, and PRODUCT is another, and
must be patented if needed to be copyright protected.

I am NOT refering to the saying from the Bible: Received for free
(knowledge), give it for free, but shouldn't be so unlikely that anyone else
can come up with an antenna design VERY similar to what some people call
C31XR? Should G5RV be a copyright protected antenna? Or KLM tribander?

I think that amateurs could share antenna information, regardless who is
making big $$$$ from us, just because they came up with design that is a
commercial product. C31XR is the best triband yagi, and I recommend that
anyone who can afford to pay $1300 for intellectuall property included with
30 pounds of aluminum tubing, buy that antenna. Other amateurs could benefit
from nice pattern of this antenna by building one of their own. And Force12
could be happy for that.

73 Kele
YU1AO