[TowerTalk] Advice needed regarding collection of tower damages from frei...

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 11:11:24 EST

In a message dated 00-01-18 23:30:35 EST, k4oaq@mindspring.com writes:

> Any advice or information that might help me in my predicament would be
> greatly appreciated.

    Well, by your own admission you didn't follow the trucking company
guidelines anywhere along the line so I'd say you're S.O.L. Although you have
a valid freight damage claim, the window for a claim has closed.

    Crank-up freight damage is not uncommon. While I don't know if you
would've seen the damage while it was still on the ground, going over it with
a fine-toothed comb should have revealed the bent braces (they're probably
visually obvious).

      I suspect you can get a local guy (welder, machine shop, automobile
repair shop, etc.) to get it straightened out and useable. From your
description, it sounds like straightening out the braces may solve the
problem - I hope so. A crank-up is a pretty simple mechanical device so you
should be able to repair it.

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC