[TowerTalk] CC X9/X7

ValErwin@aol.com ValErwin@aol.com
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 14:15:49 EST

Ed:

The ridiculous claim of the CC X9 was a claimed gain over  bed springs (dBbs)
 I  surmise. Perhaps the Raibeam does likewise?  The Raibeam eval is perhaps
a task best delegated to that masked  wonder - Kurt Sterba?

I am the proud owner of  a CC X7 with equally ridiculous claims.  I have had
my X7 up for just a little over a year and am very happy with it. For the
small incremental difference in gains between the X7and X9, I simply could
not justify the extra $ or the extra torque on the rotator.

In defense of CC however, I must state that  when I  confronted  CC about it
in their booth at Dayton last year, they were quick to give me actuals. (I
wanted them in order to perform more accurate RF Exposure calculations as now
required by the Commission.)

Headed the right direction -- At least, some of the ham rags are now refusing
to accept antenna manufacturer's ads unless gains can be substantiated.

Val
W5PUT