[TowerTalk] Yaesu GX-800 trouble...

Pat Barthelow aa6eg@hh.tmx.com
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 23:26:02 -0700 (PDT)

In recent times, I have twice gotten lucky helping fellow hams
troubleshoot (in both cases) Yaesu rotors.  The rotor control cable got
caught (hooked) on the protruding ends of the U-Bolts on the rotating bell
above.  Rotation simply stressed the conductors until one or more pulled
out of the  connector plug pins on  the bottom-side mounted  connnector.
Usually, depending on which conductor gets pulled, the rotor simply
stops   and in most cases, the tighly pulled rotor cable could be observed
with binoculars from the ground.....

73, DX, de
Pat, AA6EG/N6IJ;
aa6eg@hh.tmx.com;n6ij@hotmail.com