[TowerTalk] Birds

James P. Cassidy 107770.3462@compuserve.com
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 01:58:52 -0400

Many years ago I was working as a transmitter engineer for some of the
local broadcast stations, I never saw any number of birds during that
time.. Thuis was at both 50KW AM stations and 100KW ERP FM stations.

I will admit that no body went searching to see if there were any dead
birds, a large number would have been pretty apparent.

And as has been mentioned at W7RM we almost always see a lot of birds
sitting on the 40m yagis at 175 ft.  Ruish has never said anything about
any major bird deaths there either.  He has remarked about finding one now
and then inside a large boom or antenna element.

73 Jim KI7Y