[TowerTalk] KLM rotateable dipole for WARC bands

wbh3@daimlerchrysler.com wbh3@daimlerchrysler.com
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 07:04:24 -0400

I managed to become the proud owner of the above mentioned dipole for the 3
WARC bands.  I know it needs a balun at it's feed point (1:1).  What I
cannot figure out is how it was mounted...(there was no mounting hardware).
The 2 sections of the dipole fit together at the middle with a fiberglass
rod.  there is a hole in each section drilled through the aluminum and the
fiberglass for the balun connections..   Then there is a sleeve on each of
the halves at the center about 3-4 inches long that slides but I cant see
any useful purpose they serve other that maybe some way to attach to a
support of some sort.   The drawing in the advertisement shows a "V" coming
up to either side of the dipole but can't figure out any detail.

Is anyone familiar with this dipole and if so could you let me know what
dimensions to set it for and how the antenna support is configured?  The
dipole has 2 traps in each leg.  (Not KLM's distributed capacitance type).

Thanks very much!

Bill Haselmire  WX8S
wbh3@daimlerchrysler.com