[TowerTalk] birds and cats

Jepilot@aol.com Jepilot@aol.com
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 14:08:07 EDT

We have two outdoor cats who enjoy sleeping under the house during the heat
of the day.  Their favorite spot is along the side of the house that has 6
large glass panes serving our den.  Two or three times a month a bird will
fly into one of the panes and, if sufficiently stunned, fall to the ground.
The cats then stroll over, have lunch and return to their siesta.  If the
cats are busy elsewhere, the stunned bird usually recovers in a few minutes
and flies away, but some do die from the impact.  Nature in balance.  Jan
Rehler, W5KNZ, Corpus Christi, Texas.