[TowerTalk] Perspectve

wa4dou@juno.com wa4dou@juno.com
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 15:02:44 -0400

>    About 5 years ago there was an article in the DX magazine
> comparing
> antennas and another Sweekstakes example was given where the
> difference
> between the 1 KW  and 100W top score was 40%.  On a linear basis
> that is
> 4%/dB.  This is a significant difference.   k7gco

  Problem is you're trying to "linearize" a non-linear function. I think
its a pretty poor return on" investment "but thats a topic for another
time. I share James opinion that all would do well to listen to beacons
and develop a keen sense of what constitutes  the differences between
some different power levels. 73 Roy WA4DOU

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.