[TowerTalk] DB's, ad nauseam

n4kg@juno.com n4kg@juno.com
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 03:45:48 -0600

On Mon, 24 Jul 2000  "Maurizio Panicara" <i4jmy@iol.it> writes:

> Preface, if ionosphere wouldn't be a linear media we should be in
> great trouble with the zilions of "gost" signals generated by
reciprocal
> mixing of all radio waves there.

I believe a study of ionospheric non-linearity (Luxumberg Effect?)
was made 30+ years ago at Syracuse University.  They built
an array of several 3L Telrex beams at 13.9?? MHz to excite the
ionosphere.

WA3HRV (now K3RV) was at Syracuse then and through him
I was able to purchase 5 of those antennas around 1971 or 72.

I never did learn the results of the study.

de  Tom  N4KG

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.