[TowerTalk] Prime Directive - clamps etc

WA9ALS - John jfleming@shelbynet.net
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 16:47:12 -0500

>     You want the saddle on the live, or loadbearing, side of the
cable. The
> 'dead' side is the cut part with an end. The saying is "never saddle a
dead
> horse". That is, don't put the saddle on the dead side. Clamp capacity
is
> reduced about 40% by installing it backwards.

OOPS - Glen Martin's pics indicate the reverse!
For example, see:  http://www.glenmartin.com/catalog/page18.html and I
just rechecked the Owner's Manual as well.

Soooo, is this an exception to the Prime Directive?  Of course, I can't
remember now, and will have to go out and see if I DID follow the
manufacturer's (?wrong) instructions!  These are Kevlar guys, but I'm
sure that doesn't matter except that you DO have to use clamps!
Fortunately the Glen Martin 70 footer with the Hazer tracks bolted to
one side has pretty low guy tension anyway.