[TowerTalk] Prime Directive - clamps etc

Tom Rauch W8JI@contesting.com
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 21:47:43 -0400

> OOPS - Glen Martin's pics indicate the reverse!
> For example, see:  http://www.glenmartin.com/catalog/page18.html and I
> just rechecked the Owner's Manual as well.

It makes less difference with a soft line than with a hard line like
EHS. Wire rope takes reversed clamps better than guy-strand.

But unless I'm missing something unusual, he has the clamps
backwards in the drawing.

> Soooo, is this an exception to the Prime Directive?  Of course, I can't
> remember now, and will have to go out and see if I DID follow the
> manufacturer's (?wrong) instructions!

Never follow the manufacturers instruction if they are wrong. Ohh,
I'm sorry, that's the prime rib.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com