[TowerTalk] Yaesu rotors

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 20:08:07 EDT

In a message dated 06/08/2000 3:08:15 PM Pacific Daylight Time, K3AIR@aol.com
writes:

> Would like to know of anyone's experiences with the Yaesu antenna rotors.
>  Their specs say the G2800SDX will handle 34 sq ft of wind load.  Likewise
>  their lesser models have some nice specs for the price.  Yet their weight
>  compared with say, a T2X, makes me wonder a little.  I realize there's
>  differences in the materials, but I'd like to good the rotors really are.
>  I'm planning to put up a C31XR with maybe something yet-to-be-determined
>  above it.

     Well, I only know of one installation that uses the G2800 but it does a
good job. This is a very populated crank-up (I'm going to estimate over 80'
of booms and over 20 total elements - 80-10M rotaries) with a 3-inch mast and
it seem to handle it with no problem.

     For the same price I prefer the Orion 2800 because of the worm-gear
drive but no complaints that I'm aware of on the Yaesu.

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC