[TowerTalk] Rohn FK 25 & KT34XA

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 20:53:47 EDT

In a message dated 06/08/2000 5:47:30 PM Pacific Daylight Time, n4kg@juno.com
writes:

>   Please give us ONE good reason why guying closer
>   in to the tower would be better, stronger, or safer
>   than guying further out.  I can't imagine one.
>
>   It would be prudent to check this with Rohn or
>   a qualified Professional Engineer.

      The one good reason is because THAT'S WHAT THE MANUFACTURER SAYS. I
agree with you intuitively but I'm not a Rohn design engineer and neither is
anyone else on TowerTalk. Until I have a credible engineering reason to
ignore the factory, I will follow the manufacturer's specs and strongly
recommend others do as well.

     BTW, if you call Rohn you will not be allowed to talk to an engineer so
calling them for answers is pretty useless.

Cheers,   Steve    K7LXC
Tower Tech