[TowerTalk] Noisy TH7

DavidC DavidC" <eDoc@netzero.net
Sat, 24 Jun 2000 19:02:22 -0400

Dear John:

   You post is most appropriate.  Welcome to the fray!  Seriously,
you will discover some of the most helpful and encouraging folks
in all of Amateur Radio right here on TowerTalk.

   If you search the TowerTalk archives I know that this topic has
been discussed in the past, though often folks forget to change the
Subject and thus it may be hidden under another Subject heading.

   I remember as a child we had such a whistle from a roof rack,
a clever mechanic solved it with a piece of tape -- he merely
broke up the resonance.  I presume that your solution is the same.

   Do you have a way to measure the wind speed up there?  If
the beam only "sings" at a certain wind speed you may be able
to quiet "her arias" down with a clamp, a piece of tape or even a
spot of glue here and there.

   I look forward to other suggestions from those who have fixed
this problem on their beams.

- Thanks! & 73, DavidC  K1YP in Hudson, FL